about the Hungarian National Committee of European Organization for Quality (HNC for EOQ)
The Hungarian National Committee of the European Organization for Quality (HNC for EOQ) has been a member of the European Organization for Quality (EOQ) beginning from its establishment in 1972.
The main objectives of HNC for EOQ are the followings:
- In cooperation with other non-profit Hungarian quality organisations the HNC represents the Hungarian quality community in EOQ and in other international quality organizations.
- Dissemination of quality knowledge from EOQ and other international quality organizations obtained to the Hungarian quality experts as well as contribution to the development of quality of products and services.
- Implementation and running of the EOQ Harmonized Scheme in Hungary for registration and certification of Hungarian quality experts.
Membership of HNC for EOQ consists of individual and corporate members (e.g. industry and service companies, ministries, local authorities, consulting and certifying companies, research and education institutions, hospitals as well as other non-profit organizations and testing laboratories) committed to quality. On December 31, 2009 HNC for EOQ had 1750 individual members and 335 corporate members.
HNC for EOQ operates under its valid Statutes adopted by the General Assembly and updated in 2009. Accordingly, the Executive and the Board manage activities of HNC for EOQ.
Operation of the HNC
In 1991 HNC was transformed into non-profit organization and registered by the Metropolitan Court Budapest as a scientific-technical non-profit organization under No 4264/1992 in early 1992 and legally declared to be a non-profit public-service organization from January 1, 1998..
The HNC for EOQ was put on list of the approved adult education institute of the Regional Labour Centre in 2006, and prolonged this status on July 13, 2009. (Ref. No 01-0474-05) for the next 3 years..
Hungarian Adult Education Accreditation Body (FAT) accredited the adult education activity of HNC for EOQ on January 9, 2008. Ref. No AL-1723..
Oganisational scheme of HNC for EOQ
Operation of HNC and its Committees and Sections as well as the responsibility and scope of the officers are described in the Statutes available on the homepage and its valid version is published in the Annual Reports. The most important organs, activities and partnerships of the HNC are followings:
Supreme organ of HNC is the General Assembly that should be held at least once per year. The General Assembly is always informed about the actual status of EOQ certifications. The following most important items fall exclusively within the competence of the General Assembly:
- Approval and modification of the Statutes by open voting
- Electing the President and the Vice-Presidents, the members of the Executive and of the Board as well as the Chairpersons and Members of the Supervision Commission by secret ballot for 4 years
- Approval of the Annual Report and the Public Interest Report
- Approval of the report submitted by the Supervision Commission
- Declaration of the union with other organizations or dissolution/liquidation the organization
Total 40 Members of the Board are elected by the General Assembly through secret ballot. Main tasks of the Board:
- Controlling and monitoring the operating of the organization
- Coordination of the activities by the Technical Committees and Sections
- Preparing the agenda of the General Assembly
- Preparation of the mission and vision as well as the annual objectives, tasks and programs of the HNC
- Approval and comments to the drafts of the Annual Report and the Public Interest Report
- Determination of membership fees
The Board holds its meeting at least twice per a year which are convened by the President with a written invitation including the draft agenda.
The Executive consists of 9 members: the President, the 2 Vice-Presidents, the Executive President and the Executive Secretary as well as 4 Members. The Chairperson of the Supervision Commission is permanently invited to the meetings of the Executive in advisory (but not voting) capacity.
The Executive is the operative and managing organ of the non-profit organization. Its most important task is to prepare to Board meetings and the General Assembly. The Executive is chairing by the President who is also the employer in the organization. He has right to hand over tasks to the Vice-Presidents, to the Executive President and to the Executive Secretary in written form.
Main tasks of the Executive are the followings:
- Managing and organizing the technical and economic activities
- Supervising the Technical Committees and Sections
- Preparing the General Assembly every year
- Determination of the mission and vision as well as the annual objectives, tasks and programs of the HNC
- Approval of the annual budget
- Preparing the Public Interest Report and the Annual Report
- Elaborating proposals to the Board and to the General Assembly
The Executive holds to its meetings four times a year which are convened by the President with a written invitation including the agenda. On one of these meetings Executive reviews the operation of the Quality Management System as a Management based on internal audits’ results.
The Supervision Commission with 5 Members is the controlling organ of HNC supervising its operation and economy.
The Ethical Commission operates in line with the Ethical Rules approved by the Board.
The HNC Personnel Registration Unit (HNC PRU)
Some years ago the European Organization for Quality (EOQ) established the registration of quality personnel. The right of certification is transferred by EOQ to the National Full Member Organizations but only if they meet the accreditation requirements. HNC has this right since 1998.
The Board created the Personnel Registration Unit of the HNC in 1995 in order to promote the implementation of the EOQ Harmonized Scheme in Hungary. Based on the MSZ EN 45013:1990 Standard HNC elaborated in October 1995 its Quality Manual related to the activities as well as to the registration and certification. The Quality System of HNC has been continuously kept up-to-date according to ISO 17024.
On January 26, 1998 HNC initiated its accreditation by the EOQ. On the EOQ Executive meeting held in Paris on October 18, 1998 the EOQ Executive approved the application.
On November 22, 2002, later in September 2006 the EOQ General Secretariat prolonged the accreditation of HNC for EOQ for further 3 years. Latest supervision was held on September 24-25, 2009, and the accreditation is valid until November 2011.
The scopes of the EOQ recognition are valid for the following fields of EOQ professionals: quality, environmental, food safety, information security management systems, management system consultans well as TQM leaders and assessors.
In addition to its own courses (e.g. refreshing courses for the renewal of EOQ certificates) HNC for EOQ reviews and registers training centres holding courses which meet the EOQ harmonized requirements.
Candidates taking a successful examination under the supervision of HNC for EOQ may ask for the EOQ certificate.
HNC makes possible for every applying experienced person the examination if the candidate meets the requirements drawn up by the EOQ. These requirements are published by HNC in an information bulletin.
During the personnel certification procedure HNC does not raise unjustified financial and other conditions; all measures are applied without any distinction.
During its successful activities HNC has delivered more than 2000 certificates Hungarian experts until the and of 2009 who completed one of the accepted national courses and made a successful examination or who certified their skills and activities of several years in the given special field by the attachment of the required documents.
The accredited national organizations belonging to the EOQ Certification and Registration Scheme regularly publish the list of the certified and registered experts on the Internet, in their own periodical and in the Annual Report.
Those certified experts, who are members of HNC are also automatically members in the Education and Training Committee in order to discuss with them training topics and current tasks in this field.
Advisory Group for EOQ Harmonised schemes (AG)
The Advisory Group for EOQ Harmonised schemes provides professional advice to the Certification
Body (CB) being responsible for:
- The operation of the subsystem committees
- Scope extension
- Scope restrictions
- Suspension or abolition of the scope
- The development and maintenance of the
procedures to be implemented
- Training, designation and control of the
The Central Secretariat (including Financial Manager, Quality and Training Manager who is Secretary of the Advisory Group at the same time) operates under the direct supervision of the President and CEO of HNC for EOQ.
Quality and Training Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, improving the Quality Management System, the for the operation of personal certification and she deals with quality-oriented projects. Financial Manager is responsible for the economic activities.
Main tasks of the Central Secretariat:
- Keeping the membership file;
- Preparation and management of professional programs;
- Operative management of the finances;
- Arrangement, recording and administration of the ongoing/outgoing correspondence;
- Accomplishment of the administration.
Together with several external experts the Central Secretariat plays an important role in the daily activities of the organization.
Board of the Periodical "Quality & Dependability"
The General Editor governs the activity of the Board.
Committees and Sections
At present HNC for EOQ runs 20 Committees and Sections which are operating openly and in cooperation with other professional non-profit organizations.
These Committees and Sections ensure the deep and up-to date knowledge through which – with close contact and cooperation of the Advisory Group – EOQ Harmonised schemes are monitored, adapted, so they play the role also of the scheme committees.
The members of HNC establish the Committees and Sections on a voluntary basis for EOQ who want to operate together in the given professional area.
From their own members the Committees and Sections elect the Chairperson, Co-chairperson and Secretary for 4 years by an open majority vote. The Committees determine functional rules and regulations, the main objectives as well as their membership conditions and Sections themselves within the framework provided by the Statutes.
Individually or cooperating with each other and with other quality-related institutions and organizations the Committees and Sections implement yearly about 60-80 events (seminars, meetings or round-table discussions) without any registration fee in general.
Finances required to the operation of HNC are coming from the following resources:
- Membership fees paid by the individual and corporate members
- Incomes from conferences and seminars
- Incomes from refreshing and other training courses
- Registration fees paid by the course organizing subcontractors (Training Centres)
- Fees of personnel registration/certification
- Quality related tenders and research projects
- Other services (e.g. sale of proceedings)
Main services of the HNC to the member’s fee are followings:
- Annual Report of HNC free of charge
- The scientific-technical periodical „Quality & Dependability” 6 times per year free of charge
- Possibility to indicate the EOQ and/or HNC membership
- Publications of EOQ and HNC as well as other publications for a reduced price or free of charge
- 10-20 % discount from the registration fee of special training courses and of conferences and seminars organized by the HNC
- Assistance to the acceptance of presentations and publications at the international quality conferences
- Providing favourable travelling conditions for groups to the EOQ Annual Congresses
- Technical advice for member companies applying for the National and Branches Quality Award
- Participation possibilities in EOQ and HNC projects
Conferences and other events
- HNC for EOQ implements yearly about 20 conferences, seminars and special training courses with registration fee for the members and other interested experts in the highlighted quality issues.
- Time and place of such events are included in the annual program published both in periodical „Quality & Dependability” and in the Annual Report as well as put on the homepage of HNC for EOQ.
- Outstanding events of HNC for EOQ together with other national quality organizations are connected with the World Quality Day in the European Quality Week (Month ).
- Most grandiose project of HNC for EOQ has been so far the 44th European Quality Congress held in Budapest Congress Centre from 12th to 16th June 2000. Together with the Pre-Congress Symposiums more than 1100 participants coming from 54 countries listened to altogether 172 presentations at this highly successful Congress.
- The 19th IAMA Annual World Forum and Symposium held on 20-23 June 2009 was also a great success. 420 participants attended the Forum form 52 countries. Papers & Case Studies are available on our website.
- From the outset HNC for EOQ had taken an active part in elaborating the European Quality Award model for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Participation of HNC for EOQ in several PHARE, EU and Hungarian Quality Projects are also important activities. One of the most important projects was the quality training of civil servants in accordance with the EU quality policy as well as the support of the application of CAF Model in the National Public Administration.
- The 55th EOQ Congress will be held in Budapest Congress Centre from 21st to 23rd June 2011 with the following slogan: “Navigating Global Quality in a New Area”. At the same time, this Congress will also be a World Quality Congress after Harrogate, United Kingdom (2002); Tokyo, Japan (2005); and Houston, USA (2008). The Congress will concur with Hungary’s EU Presidency in the first half of 2011.
In addition to the projects listed above, the HNC for EOQ is taking part in the implementation of the National Development Program as well as in the implementation of the Quality Award in the Hungarian Public Sector and of the Hungarian Agricultural Quality Award.
- The periodical “Quality & Dependability” has been published in almost 3000 copies 6 times per year, beginning from 1997 as HNC for EOQ magazine. Co-publishers and appr support the edition of the periodical. 100 corporate members of HNC for EOQ. Since 2009 it is also available in electronic form.
- The „Annual Report of HNC” has been published since 1993 regularly in every year. In addition to the description of the main activities and events due in the current year also the valid Statutes of HNC as well as the list of the individual and corporate members and the register of the EOQ experts certified by the HNC are included in the Annual Reports.
- HNC issues about 10?20 proceedings every year, mainly related to various quality events held in Hungary.
- Beginning from 1998 HNC has running an own homepage on the Internet: http://www.eoq.hu
- Prepared by the Working Group of the Glossary Committee HNC published in early 1999 a document „International Quality Glossary” which was sent to the members free of charge. The second extended edition of this very successful document was printed in 3000 copies in the first half of 2003. The electronic version is prepared to edit at the beginning of 2011.
- In the last decade the HNC established the following independent non-profit organizations or took part in their establishment, which are now operating in close cooperation with the HNC:
- Hungarian Quality Society (MMT) - from 1990;
- “ISO 9000 Forum of the Hungarian Certified Companies” (ISO 9000 Forum) - from 1994;
- „Hungarian Fruit Juice Producers’ Voluntary Quality Control Organization” (HFQ) ? from 1994.
- Beginning from 1995 HNC is a Full Member Organization of the Federation of Scientific and Technical Associations (MTESZ) in Hungary.
- Beginning from 1995 HNC is member of the National Accreditation Body (NAT) and beginning from 1996 of the Conformity Certification Forum (MTF).
- The HNC signed further agreements on cooperation among other with the Hungarian Industry Development Foundation, the National Environment Organization.
- Beginning from 1972 HNC is a Full Member Organization of the European Organization for Quality (EOQ) representing Hungary there.
- Beginning from 1996 it is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Quality Assurance (United Kingdom).
- Beginning from 1997 HNC is a full member of the International Society for Quality in Health Care.
- Beginning from 2002 HNC is an Associate Member of the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
- In 1994 the HNC concluded a “Cooperation Agreement” with the Flemish Quality Organization and since 1994 it has close cooperation with the Romanian Organization for Quality.
- In 1997 the HNC concluded a “Cooperation Agreement” with the Australian Organization for Quality (AOQ).
- In 2000 the HNC concluded a “Cooperation Agreement” with the Korean Standardization Association (KSA).
- In addition to the above listed quality organizations HNC maintains close working relations with all EOQ Full Member Organizations (FMOs).
- HNC is in close cooperation among other with other national quality organizations of European and non-European countries:
- China Association for Quality (CAQ-China),
- Instituto Argentino Para La Calidad (IACC-Argentina),
- Quality Organization of Iran (QOI-Iran),
- Israel Society for Quality (ISQ-Israel),
- Shanghai Quality Control Association of China (SQCA-China),
- Singapore Productivity and Standards Board (Singapore),
- Union of Japanese Scientists & Engineers (JUSE-Japan).
Central Secretariat GPS Coordinates: 47.514255,19.003397
17th National Conference of ISO 9000 Forum
Having in mind the crucial role of quality, competitiveness and crisis management the EOQ Hungarian National Committee and the ISO 9000 Forum on 9-
10 September 2010 in Balatonvilagos (Hungary) jointly organized the 17th National Conference with the slogan “Learning from each other”. Nearly 300 Quality Experts and guests participated in the conference.
During the Plenary session well-known Hungarian specialists gave analysis of steps taken by the Hungarian companies and organizations to harmonize the methods of crisis management with the requirements of CSR, the local company culture and the team cohesion. The overwhelming majority of lecturer came to the conclusion that enhancing the competitiveness and assuring a positive vision for the society inevitably needs the improvement of the effectiveness of education and training facilities, the deliberate application of the self-education and the ethical behaviour.
In the special sections the importance and advantages of “Learning from each other” principle was the basic issue. The representatives of a number of successful companies reported about the methods used by them in achieving the level of excellence. There were presentations about the payoff of using the self-evaluation method, the use of different crisis management techniques, about the application of Lean management, the Kaizen and other TQM methods. Considerable attention has been given to the importance of the human resource aspects.
19th Hungarian Quality Week
The traditional (this time the19th) HUNGARIAN QUALITY WEEK has been organized on 2-
4 November 2010 in Budapest. The whole conference was hosted jointly by the EOQ Hungarian National Committee and the Hungarian Society for Quality. A series of section discussions have been held on the timely quality issues and also annual Quality Awards have been presented.
During the Plenary session high ranked representatives (state secretaries) of the key Government offices made presentations on how the Hungarian economy can cope with the world economic crisis bearing in mind the crisis management methods and the requirements of quality. The presentations highlighted that improving the competitiveness in the whole sphere of the Hungarian economy is inevitable, moreover, in some fields structural changes have to be implemented. The importance of consumer protection also has been emphasized.
In the special sections the following topics were discussed:
Risk management. From the basic principles of this subject the audience was also given information about some companies’ experience in using risk management techniques.
Lean management. The lecturers analysed and described the results and usefulness of the application of Lean method in different companies.
Forum of managers. The questions of energy efficiency and sustainable development have been discussed.
Successful organizations, successful models. Observations of the EFQM Excellence Model, the new ISO 9004 and the CSR Excellence Program have been talked over.
Timely issues. Benchmarking, quality of human resource and quality of services have been analysed.
Day of education. The timely problems of vocational training, the basic education and the high education were the subjects of discussion.
Quality Day of the Hungarian Post
On Occasion of the World Quality Day among several other companies and organizations one of the largest Hungarian company “Magyar Posta” (Hungarian Post) celebrated the Quality Day on November 25, 2010. More than 200 staff members and invited guests participated at the event and almost 1000 employees of the Hungarian Pos could follow the program by videoconference in 5 centres in Hungary. The new DG of the Hungarian Post underlined the importance of quality for the services by the company and handed over the Quality Prizes 2010 to the winners in the category “Post Offices” and “Internal Service Organizations”. The Vice President of the HNC for EOQ presented one of the technical papers under the title “Management Aspects of Sustainable Development and Quality”. The Head of the Quality Management and Environmental Protection of the Hungarian Post introduced the quality development program of the company until 2015 including the training and certification of further counterparts of the Hungarian Post according to the EOQ Harmonized Schemes.